Couples Weekend Getaway in Las Vegas
When you think of Las Vegas your first thought is probably not a romantic getaway. However, there are many sides to Las Vegas and it happens to be a perfect place for a romantic weekend getaway for a couple. Las Vegas has a lot of nice restaurants and cocktail bars, exciting shows, unique hotels, and nearby sights to explore. Explore more of Las Vegas with a pass from Go City. Follow this itinerary for the perfect couples weekend getaway in Las Vegas.
Where to Stay in Las Vegas as a Couple
There are luxury hotels in Las Vegas perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. I recommend finding a hotel on the strip since that is the best area to explore. Some of the more romantic hotels include The Venetian, Bellagio, and ARIA Resort and Casino. Check booking.com and see which hotel has the best price for the weekend you are planning to go, or plan your weekend when there is a good deal for the hotel you want to stay at.
Best Things to Do in Las Vegas for Couples
- Walk Around the Strip and Explore Hotels: There are many unique and exciting hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. One of the highlights of our weekend getaway to Las Vegas was walking around the strip and checking out how crazy some of these hotels went with their themes. Some of our favorites include Paris Las Vegas Resort and Casino, The Venetian, New York-New York, the Bellagio, Caesars Palace, and the Cosmopolitan.
- See a Unique Show in Las Vegas: Choose from one of the many Cirque Du Soleil shows, or one of the other exciting performances like Absinthe or Le Reve. We saw O by Cirque Du Soleil which is a water-themed show and we really enjoyed it.
- Helicopter Flight Over Last Vegas: Enjoy a nighttime helicopter flight over the Las Vegas Strip and see the city lights from the sky.
- Get a Pass with Go City: Explore more of Las Vegas with a pass with Go City and visit Madame Tussauds, the observation wheel, the Eiffel Towel Experience at Paris Las Vegas, the SkyPod Observation Tower at the STRAT, and more.
- Watch the Bellagio Fountains Show: The Bellagio has large fountains in front of the hotel that feature an exciting show throughout the day every 15 to 30 minutes from 3 pm to midnight, with exact times depending on the time and day.
- Watch The Mirage Volcano Show: The water feature in front of The Mirage on the strip has a volcano show daily from 6 pm to 11 pm on the hour. This is a cool show I recommend stopping by to watch.
- Explore Unique Cocktail Bars: Las Vegas has many romantic cocktail bars perfect for a couples weekend getaway. Spend time checking out these cool cocktail bars and trying delicious and exciting drinks. Recommended cocktail bars include: The Chandelier, Vesper Bar, Rose. Rabbit. Lie, and Vanderpump Cocktail Garden.
- Relax at the Hotel Pool: Many hotels in Las Vegas have luxurious pools. If you are coming when it is pool weather and you intend on spending time relaxing at the pool, make sure to choose a hotel that has a nice pool.
- See the Hoover Dam: Visit the Hoover Dam with this small group Hoover Dam Tour from Las Vegas. Since this tour is only 3 hours long, you will still have plenty of time that day to enjoy Las Vegas!
Couples Weekend Getaway in Las Vegas Itinerary
Las Vegas has endless restaurant options across any cuisine you might be interested in. If you are looking for French food you can find great restaurants in Paris Las Vegas. If you prefer Italian food, check out restaurants in The Venetian and The Bellagio. Don’t forget to make a reservation ahead of time!
See a Las Vegas Show: Cirque Du Soleil or Other
Las Vegas is known for its many extravagant and unique shows. Going to a show in Las Vegas is a great activity to do as a couple during your weekend in Vegas. There are several Cirque Du Soleil shows to choose from including O, KA, Mystere, and The Beatles Love. Additionally you can go to a comedy show or other performance like Absinthe or Le Reve.
We went to O by Cirque Du Soleil and really enjoyed it. It is a 90 minute water-themed show with a lot of unique and exciting acts. Try to book the show at least a few days ahead of time to make sure you can get good seats. Another popular show is Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque Du Soleil at Mandalay Bay.
Late Night Cocktail at The Chandelier
After the show go to a nice cocktail bar for a drink. The Chandelier is a nice cocktail bar in the Cosmopolitan that shouldn’t be missed. This bar has 2 floors and is covered with Chandelier decorations and a chic feel. If your show was far from the Cosmopolitan, you can find many cocktail bars throughout the hotels on the Strip, so pull up google maps and see if there is a different cocktail bar closer to you.
Since you probably won’t be waking up early after all those cocktails, breakfast is out of the question. Luckily, there are many brunch options on the Las Vegas Strip that serve brunch late into the afternoon. If you are starving and think you can eat enough to make a buffet worth it, there are several buffet options on the strip. There are also many brunch places that are cheaper than the buffets including: Hexx Kitchen and Bar in Paris Las Vegas, and The Henry in the Cosmopolitan. In order to not wait a long time for a table, make sure to make a reservation the night before. If you forgot to make a reservation or want a quick breakfast, you can find Eggslut in the Cosmopolitan which is a walk-up option with breakfast sandwiches.
Spend Time in Venice (The Venetian)
The Venetian is one of the most incredible hotels in Las Vegas. I actually almost forgot I was still in Las Vegas, and felt like it was middle of the day in Venice, Italy. The outside of the hotel is beautiful with canals and venetian style architecture. When you enter the hotel you feel as through you were transported to Italy with the architecture of the shops and restaurants and the ceiling painted with blue sky and clouds. Spend time walking around the shops and restaurants in the Venetian and check out the casino downstairs.
Feel Like You Are in Paris (Paris Las Vegas)
Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino is another hotel that really went all out with their theme. Instead of flying all the way to France, you can enjoy Paris in Las Vegas. There is a nice street inside the hotel with shops and restaurants that really makes you feel like you are in Paris, France. Get a crepe at La Creperie and a drink at Napolean’s Dueling Pianos.
Afternoon Cocktail at The Cosmopolitan
Vesper Bar is a cool cocktail bar in The Cosmopolitan. Find a cozy spot on a couch in the back of the bar and get wine or a cocktail. Here you can find some of the cheapest wine options on the strip, so if you are looking to drink a “low” cost glass of wine with a nice atmosphere this is a good spot.
Go Out to Dinner
Check out the endless restaurant options on the strip. If you are looking to save money, you can find some cheaper options in The Venetian near the food court in the back. If you want to splurge, make sure to make a reservation ahead of time since many restaurants will have long wait times on weekend nights.
See the Las Vegas Lights from Above on a Helicopter Flight
One of the top experiences for a couple to do in Las Vegas is to take a helicopter flight over the Las Vegas Strip. With many different times throughout the evening, you can easily fit this experience into your weekend in Las Vegas. Just make sure to book in advance so that you don’t miss out! Fly over Las Vegas Boulevard and get to see the famous hotels from the sky.
Free Shows on Las Vegas Strip: Volcano Show at The Mirage and Water Show at the Bellagio
After dinner, check out some unique cocktail bars. On your way to the cocktail bars if you pass by The Mirage or the Bellagio make sure to try to be there in time to see their shows. The Mirage has a volcano show in front of the hotel every hour from 6 pm to 11 pm. The Bellagio has a water fountain show every 15 to 30 minutes until midnight.
Explore Cocktail Bars
I recommend going to Vanderpump Cocktail Garden which is located in Caesars Palace near the Forum Shops. This Cocktail Garden has an interesting selection of cocktails which you sip in what feels like a magical garden. Another unique cocktail bar and restaurant you shouldn’t miss is Rose. Rabbit. Lie which is located in the Cosmopolitan. The food here is expensive but it is the perfect spot to enjoy a drink and dessert while watching live performances. If you are looking for live music and watching people dance on pianos, this is the spot. This restaurant & bar is small so I recommend making a reservation so you don’t miss out.
Brunch Take Two
Brunch take two, because who doesn’t love brunch? Refer to some of the suggestions from Saturday if you didn’t get to them, or try one of the many other options on the strip. Just remember, if you don’t want to wait a long time make sure to make a reservation at least the night before. If you forgot to make a reservation, most restaurants have a bar that is first come, first serve, so make sure to always check the bar for seats.
Explore More Hotels on The Strip
On Sunday spend time exploring other unique hotels on the Strip that you didn’t get to on Saturday. Additional hotels I recommend visiting are ARIA, New York-New York, Bellagio, and Caesars Palace. It’s fun to walk along the strip with your significant other, people watch, check out all the extravagant hotels, and attempt to gamble and win (or lose) money.
Visit the Hoover Dam
If you have more time on Sunday I highly recommend visiting the Hoover Dam. The Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam built in Black Canyon which dams the Colorado River. It is 726 feet tall and was built between 1931 and 1936. When visiting the Hoover Dam you can walk along the bridge on top of the dam, learn more about the Hoover Dam at the visitors center, or do an organized tour.
The easiest way to visit the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas is to book this small group Hoover Dam tour from Las Vegas.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links for products and services I recommend. At no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Travel guides created to inspire and enable people to use their time away from the office to explore the world.
Get Your Free eBook: 23 Travel Hacks to Save Time and Money
Death Valley National Park is the hottest place on earth and the lowest elevation in North America. The extreme conditions of the park made for
Pin Share Email Tweet Sedona is a town in Arizona surrounded by beautiful red rocks. Sedona offers a perfect destination for a relaxing weekend getaway