Guide to the Path of the Gods Hike, Amalfi Coast
The Path of the Gods Hike (Sentiero degli Dei) on the Amalfi Coast is an incredible 3 hour hike with breathtaking views that cannot be missed. Follow this guide to help you get the most out of this cliffside hike from Bomerano to Nocelle (and continue to Positano).
Where Does the Path of the Gods Hike Start?
The best way to hike the Path of the Gods is to start in Bomerano and hike to Nocelle/Positano. The reason is that you will be hiking down more than up so it will be easier, yet still a workout.
The Path of the Gods hike starts in the center of Bomerano, where you will see a sign labeled “Sentiero degli Dei” right beside Hotel Gentile.
How Difficult is the Path of the Gods, Amalfi Coast?
The Path of the Gods is a moderate hike. There are some steep parts but if you hike from Bomerano to Nocelle it is mostly downhill. I do not recommend hiking the Path of the Gods from Nocelle to Bomerano as it will be mostly uphill and many steps going up.
How Long is the Path of the Gods, Amalfi Coast?
The Path of the Gods is about 7 km which will take about 2-3 hours from Bomerano to Positano
Tips for Hiking the Path of the Gods, Amalfi Coast
- The Path of the Gods technically ends in Nocelle which is located before Positano. I highly recommend continuing to walk all the way down to Positano to get more amazing views of this town. In order to get to Positano you would continue following the steps down and eventually get to a road that will lead you to Positano.
- Start the hike early when it is less busy and cooler out
- Wear sneakers or hiking boots
Packing List for the Path of the Gods, Amalfi Coast
- A lot of water, especially if hiking when it is hot in the summer
- Sunscreen: Don’t get burnt! Make sure you bring sunscreen with you as a lot of the trail is not covered.
- Hat: Always helpful to stay cooler and keep the sun out of your face.
- Sunglasses: If it’s a sunny day make sure you remember your sunglasses.
- Snacks: Bring some high protein snacks like peanuts for the hike.
- Change of clothes or shoes for Positano
- Daypack: This daypack is perfect to hike with since it is comfortable and big enough to hold all your stuff for the day.
Why you MUST Hike the Path of the Gods when visiting the Amalfi Coast
1. The Path of the Gods has incredible views of cliffside vineyards
2. While hiking the Path of the Gods you will see a viewpoint of Praiano
3. The Path of the Gods is the best hike that takes you along the large Amalfi Coast cliffs
4. From the Path of the Gods you can see Positano from different angles
5. The Path of the Gods hike in the Amalfi Coast is a much needed workout during your vacation after all that pasta, pizza, and limoncello.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links for products and services I recommend. At no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Travel guides created to inspire and enable people to use their time away from the office to explore the world.
Get Inspiration and Tips for Your Next Getaway
Follow this guide for an incredible one week Italy road trip through Cinque Terre, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. This road trip can also be